Senior Property Tax Loan
Every year thousands of Cuyahoga County's older homeowners fall behind on their property taxes. The amounts of the delinquencies are often relatively small, but it can still be a major hurdle for older homeowners with limited incomes. Without options, senior homeowners often resort to payday lenders and/or fall victim to a scam in an attempt to save their homes.
The ESOP Senior Property Tax Loan Program provides loans to homeowners age 55 and older to help them pay delinquent property taxes and avoid foreclosure.
Basic guidelines include:
- Loan limit up to $6500
- Cuyahoga County properties only
- Property must be owner occupied
- Borrower must be age 55 or older
- Borrower must participate in financial counseling at ESOP
- Borrower must enroll in Cuyahoga County Easy Pay program to keep taxes current
*Other loan qualifications may apply. Please speak with a counselor to assess your personal financial needs.